Position: Studio Assistant
(To start work in January 2019)
The role will be a part-time position, and you will be required to assist in processes of the business such as administrative matters, packing paper goods, and preparing products for mailing/shipping. You will get to learn about the day-to-day operations and may be required to assist in various ways for projects that are currently ongoing in the studio. Your work portfolio may vary and/or evolve depending on your ability to learn and adapt to the structure of the business.
The job will require you to work mostly on selected weekday afternoons, 2-3 times a week or as and when needed, and selected part-timers should have a flexible time schedule and be able to work when reasonably scheduled.
*Please note that the job position is purely administrative and operational, and does not include any design-related scope of work, neither are calligraphy or design skills expected to be taught to the studio assistant. However, the studio assistant may be required to assist in post-print stationery preparations and photoshoots, depending on the needs of the business.
- Must be 18 and above
- Must be Singaporean or PR
- Good command of English and ability to liaise with clients/customers over email/phone
- Able to work independently in a small business / start-up environment
- Possess a keen eye for detail and interest in dealing with paper goods and delicate items
- Meticulous and efficient
- Communicative, responsive, teachable and willing to learn
- Available to work for a minimum period of 3 months
No prior relevant job experience required, although being detail-oriented and good with your hands is ideal. Students with a flexible school schedule are welcome to apply.
Work location is based in Singapore, in the West area.
Please note that you will be working in close vicinity with a friendly dog (she’s sweet, don’t worry!) so it will be preferable that you are comfortable around animals/have no fear of them.
If you feel you are the right person for the role, please send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- Résumé – please include age, nationality, working experience, highest education level
- A clear picture of yourself
- Portfolio (if any)
- Instagram page (if any)
- A short 100-200 word write-up of why you feel you are the right person for the job and how you feel you will be able to contribute to the brand
Please feel free to submit your documents and details in any innovative and creative ways if you choose to do so!
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.